The PhD in Linguistics offers conditions for students to:
- to deepen their knowledge and critical understanding of theoretical and methodological models of Linguistics and their application in diversified research contexts, including interdisciplinary contexts;
- to produce original research work, contributing to the development and dissemination of knowledge in the area of Linguistics at a national and international level.
Associated Research Units
Areas Of expertise
- Lexicology, Lexicography, Terminology
- Text and Discourse Linguistics
- Linguistics and Language Teaching
- General linguistics
- Historical Linguistics
- Portuguese Linguistics
Duration: 8 semesters. Total Credits: 240 credits (60 in curricular units + 180 in the non-taught component).
Modalities of non-taught component: Thesis.
Number of credits on a free-choice basis: 10 credits. The free-choice seminar may be chosen from among the postgraduate courses offered at NOVA FCSH; by other departments of the Nova University of Lisbon, or by other Portuguese or foreign higher education institutions, by agreement or protocol.
The degree of Doctor corresponds to level 8 of the NQF/EQF - National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.