APPLICATIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS (FIRST CYCLE)
Applications to courses at NOVA FCSH under the International Student Statute (EEI) apply to:
- Students who wish to study for an undergraduate degree at NOVA FCSH, entering into first year;
- Students who had already started their undergraduate studies in another higher education institution and want to continue their studies at NOVA FCSH through accreditation of competences;
- Students who have passed the Pre-University Semester and (SPU) a course provided by NOVA FCSH within the SPU.
Students who are not Portuguese citizens can apply to the Special Competition for Access and Admission for International Students, except for in the following cases:
- they are nationals of an EU member state;
- they are family of Portuguese citizens, or citizens of an EU member state, regardless of their own nationality, set out in the terms of Point e) of Article 2 of Law 37/2006, from 9th August;
- Despite not being a citizen of an EU member state, and not being covered by the previous point, they have lived legally and uninterruptedly in Portugal for more than 2 years, on 1st January of the year in which they wish to enter higher education, as well as children living with them – residence time with residence permit for studying is not relevant in this case;
- they are the beneficiary, on the 1st January of the year that they wish to enter higher education, of equal rights and duties awarded under the international treaty guaranteed between the Portuguese state, and the state of which they are a national;
- they require entry to higher education through the special access and administration schemes governed by the Decree law 393-A/99, from 2nd October, and altered by the Decree law 272/2009, from 1st October.
Foreign students who attend a Portuguese higher education institution under a international mobility programme to carry out part of a study cycle from a foreign higher education institution, with which the Portuguese higher education institution has a exchange agreement of the same purpose, are not eligible to apply through the competition.
Application fee: 70€
The yearly fee set for undergraduate degrees for students under the EEI for the year 2022/2023 is 3500,00€.
As well as the fees, the following amounts are also owed (which must be paid on enrolment):
- School insurance – 2,50€
- Administrative costs – 35,00€.
This information does not dispense with reading Order No. 4504-A / 2019 – Regulation on registration, payment of fees and emoluments at the School of Social Sciences and Humanities NOVA University Lisbon (in Portuguese).
|Applications||16.05.2022 to 13.06.2022|
|Publication of results||by 08.07.2022|
|Registration||from 25 to 29.07.2022|
|Start of classes||School calendar|
Applications are to be submitted through the online Application Platform by submitting the following documents:
a) Simple digitalization of Passport or foreign Identity Card;
b) Declaration, under oath, that the candidate does not have Portuguese nationality nor is covered by any of the exceptions that under the terms of Decree-Law no. 36/2014, of 10 March, exclude him/her from International Student status;
c) Documents proving access qualifications, duly validated by the competent entity of the issuing country, which must be accompanied by an official translation whenever they are not originally written in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish;
d) Letter of Intent, written in Portuguese, stating the reasons for enrolling in a degree course at NOVA FCSH;
e) Documentary evidence of the candidate’s command of the language in which the course is taught and for which he/she is applying.
The following cases are exempt from presenting this document:
- Applicants who are nationals of countries whose official language is Portuguese, as well as holders of secondary education diplomas (or equivalent) obtained in Portuguese-speaking countries;
- Applicants who have concluded secondary education (or equivalent) in Portugal or in a school teaching in Portuguese.
f) Certificate of completion of the Pre-University Semester at NOVA, where applicable.
Announcement of the Opening of Application Process for Access and Admission – International Student Statute 2022/23
|Ciência Política e Relações Internacionais||1|
|Ciências da Comunicação||12|
|Ciências da Linguagem||6|
|Geografia e Planeamento Regional||10|
|História da Arte||10|
|Línguas, Literaturas e Culturas||9|
Application rating is made up of:
a)80% from the final grade from secondary education – proportionately converted to the 0 to 200 scale when expressed by another scale;
b) 20% from the rating given to the letter of intent.
Intermediate calculations are done without rounding, and the final result is rounded to the nearest whole number. Applicants will be sorted in descending order of application rating.
Entry is guaranteed to students who have passed the Pre-University Semester at Lisbon NOVA University and a course provided by NOVA FCSH under this programme.
Applicants can be accepted if they obtain a grade equal or greater than 95/200 in their application, as well as positive grades in each of the serialization criteria.
The final result is expressed in the following terms: placed or not placed. The ordered list is published in the application platform Inforestudante.
DO YOU NEED
The Undergraduate Office assists undergraduate applicants through the International Student Statute.
- Alexandre Gomes
- Maria Amélia Dias
- Fernanda Simão
- Paulo Lourenço
- Ana Rita Silva
- Tower B, 1st floor