You're in: Research » Research Groups » Environmental and Socio-economic Dynamics: Management for Sustainability » International Projects » Territory, rural development and sustainable agricultural practices in areas at risk of desertification in Brazil, Portugal and Cape Verde
Territory, rural development and sustainable agricultural practices in areas at risk of desertification in Brazil, Portugal and Cape Verde
Environmental and Socio-economic Dynamics: Management for Sustainability
Emília Moreira, Universidade Federal de Paraíba
Ana Maria Firmino, Maria José Roxo, Maria de Nazaré Roca
- Pos-Graduate Studies in Geography, Universidade Federal da Paraíba, (Coordination);
- Pos-graduate Studies in Economics, Universidade Federal da Paraíba;
- e-GEO Research Centre for Geography and Regional Planning, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas FCSH, Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Centre for Natural Resources and Environment, Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade Técnica de Lisboa;
- Universidade de Cabo Verde.
Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico – CNPq, Brazil
- Applying a multidisciplinary approach, the overall objective is to compare (social, economic, geographic) actions and policies of rural spatial development implemented by the state, NGOs, associations, cooperatives and social movements, that result in sustainable agricultural practices (agro-ecological, biodynamic, recuperation of traditional seeds, water reservoirs, among others) as well as in solidarity practices (solidarity rotative funds, community vegetable gardens, agro-ecological fairs, alive pharmacies, contextualized education, among others) in areas located in regions at risk of desertification in North-eastern Brazil, Beira Interior in Portugal and Santiago Island in Cape Verde.
Last update: 27-02-2015